Wednesday 14 April 2010

Magazine Cover - Flat Plan 3

The third layout is also simple and has certain conventions of a hip-hop magazine. The skyline will have celebrities names on it and the banner will be what the issue will feature, this is a convention of a hip-hop magazine. The bar-code is not on the front because from research I have found out that some magazines do not have bar-codes on the front some have the bar code on the back. The website is at the bottom of the page on the left hand side so that it not a distraction. The masthead is positioned at the top of the cover in the center, it is in front of the image which will make it clearer for the audience to read, under the masthead the dateline and issue number is placed on the left hand side, they are kept small therefore they will not be a distraction from the image and the kickers which are more important for selling the magazine. The image is a profile close up of the model, the model is looking at the camera but as is a profile picture the audience do not get the full effect of the make-up therefore I will not choose this image my final cover, the make up is bold and funky as this is what the target audience like, I know this because of the survey I distributed. The kickers are placed on the left hand side and they do not take up all the space therefore I do not think this layout is as good as my first one, therefore I will not use this layout as my final magazine cover layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment