Sunday 18 April 2010

Double Page Spread Ideas

I want my double page spread to look professional and appealing to my target audience, I will do this by using nice calm colours. I have chosen the colour scheme as mostly black, white, blue and grey as I think these colours look slick and stylish which will appeal to my target audience of teenagers and young adults and the colours will math the models clothes and keep the theme of the whole magazines colour scheme the same. I have two ideas of what I want my double page spread to feature; either an interview with a new upcoming hip-hop artist or an interview with a well established hip-hop superstar. The idea of an interview with a new hip-hop artist is good as the reader will be intrigued about the new artist therefore they will read the feature article, the other idea of an interview with a well known hip-hop icon is also a good idea as the audience will already know the artist and want to read the gossip about a recognised hip-hop icon.
I have created three different flat plans which you can view below, these are flat plans that I will be using to make my double page spread. They all have images on them and a feature article laid out conventionally. The double page spread will include a title, introduction, image with a quotation to grab the reader’s attention and draw them into the article and the images and text will be spread out equally as I do not want my readers to think there is too much text or too many images. Either idea that I go for the questions will be similar, for example "What can we expect from your new album?" and "How do you keep your swagger up?", this makes the interview fun and gives it variety which will be interesting to the audience.
The first idea is interesting, it is an interview with an established hip-hop artist. The artist will be asked similar questions about new singles, music videos, friendships, relationships, fashion, fights (beef), as the young hip-hop crowd are into this kind of gossip. I will also include dates of gigs and events the artist will be performing at because as they are new artist they will need to have publicity and it is good if they answer questions about when their next gig will be as the audience will want to attend it. I will also include information on live gigs and events that the artist will be performing at and also have a competition offer to win tickets to the next gig, this will make the readers want to try out to win the tickets. 
The second idea, which I believe is a better one as it will be a known artist so the audience do need much of an introduction and don't need to be persuaded to like the artist, is an idea of having an article with a well established hip-hop artist will include equal amount of images and text, the questions will be similar as they are interesting and appealing to my target audience, such as questions on new singles, music videos, friendships, fights (beef), relationships, fashion, ect. This will appeal to the target audience as the young hip-hop crowd are interested in such topics. This will appeal to the target audience as the young hip-hop crowd are interested in such topics. I will also include information on the artists next tour and also have a competition offer to win tickets to the tour, this will make the readers want to try out to win the tickets. 
The ideas are quite similar so either way the audience will be satisfied with the double page spread feature, I decided to use the one with the already established artist because I think my target audience will enjoy catching up with an old artist on the hip-hop scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment