Saturday 3 April 2010

Ideas of hooks, teasers, cover lines and buttons

The hooks, teasers, buttons and cover lines that I will use for my magazine will be interesting for my target audience as they are hip-hop fans. The target audience is teenagers and young adults therefore I will include celebrities that they will be interested in. The hook is “get the low down on all things hip hop” (‘low down’ means latest  information in urban slang) , the masthead is ‘Sub Low’ therefore it is using word play which makes the hook catchy. The hook will make the consumer want to buy the magazine as they will be curious about what is happening in the hip-hop scene if they are true hip-hop fans.

The kickers of my magazine will appeal to my target audience as in my survey the people said that they would like the magazine to feature interviews and celebrity gossip. The kickers are “Exclusive! KR Saviour returns, Is he as hard as his image”, "Nicki Minaj- How to get my barbie swagger" and "20 Hottest Summer Singles” These kickers will persuade the consumer to purchase the magazine as they will want to read more and know all the celebrity gossip on the celebrities being interviewed and they will also want to know the latest singles that have been released. The word ‘exclusive’ makes the magazine seem special and as if you can not get the interviews anywhere else therefore it is an incentive to buy the magazine.

The buttons that I can use for my magazine are freebies as my survey showed that my audience would be attracted to freebies. This is a common convention which buttons are used for which has a huge impact on sales. The ideas of freebies I came up with are “Free £10 HMV voucher” and “Free Mixtape inside”. The audience will love the idea of a £10 HMV voucher as they can buy their favourite CD or poster or whatever they wish, this gives the reader an incentive to buy the magazine as they will feel like they get a choice of what they can buy at HMV with the voucher, the second idea for the button is “Free Mixtape inside which will also be an incentive to buy the magazine as the reader will feel that they are getting more for their money as the mixtape Cd will probably be worth around £7 therefore to get it free will seem very appealing as the magazine is only £1.50. I have decided that  a free mixtape will help sales more as the consumer may not like going shopping and it is more effort for them to go and get their CD themselves.

The cover line is a very important part of the cover as it will be the main thing that will appeal to the audience on the page , the two ideas I have come up with are:

Tee Tee- “I’m bout to smash into 2010”, this will also be a model credit which shows who Tee Tee actually is. This cover line is effective as the consumer will want to know who ‘Tee Tee ’ is as she is a new artist, the fact that the cover line is in slang will appeal to the audience as the target audience are young hip-hop fans they will understand it. The cover line will persuade the audience to purchase the magazine as they will want to know who the latest upcoming star on the hip-hop scene is.

No comments:

Post a Comment